This vision statement was formulated by the Staff, Parents and Board of Management of Knockskeagh National School. It was ratified by the Board of Management.
Knockskeagh N.S. is a Catholic school under the patronage of the Bishop of Cork & Ross. We endeavour to make it a place where the focus remains on developing the moral, spiritual, physical, academic, aesthetic, cultural life of each individual child.
We will strive to create an atmosphere of mutual respect where all members of the school community feel happy and secure working in a spirit of encouragement and enthusiasm while recognising and celebrating diversity.
We envisage pupils who:
- Feel safe, accepted and happy in our school;
- Feel they are understood and secure in the knowledge that they are recognized as unique individuals;
- Are ambitious for themselves and their peers;
- Are proud to be pupils of Knockskeagh National School;
- Have a sense of self and cultural identity.
The Board of Management
We envisage a Board of Management that is:
- Supportive and well-informed of the work of the school;
- Innovative, open and discrete;
- Appreciative of the needs of pupils, staff and parents, and who actively encourage personal and professional development;
- Aware of the resources required by staff in order to ensure effective teaching and learning.
The vision statement reflects the characteristic spirit of our school where a harmonious environment is promoted to ensure that the potential of each pupil is nurtured and developed; where co-operation between staff, pupils, parents and the Board of Management is actively encouraged; where all partners experience approval, acceptance and appreciation and where diversity and individuality is honoured.